Angela has a special interest and expertise in treating:
Experience & Professional Development
Angela has 9 years of experience as an Occupational Therapist with 7 years in hand therapy.
- Melbourne Hand Rehab – Hand Therapist – 4.5 years
- National University Hospital (Singapore) – Hand and Occupational Therapist – 4.5 years
- Melbourne Hand Rehab skills sessions facilitator (monthly splinting team training)
- Melbourne Hand Rehab seminar. Topic: Finger fractures and management – 2017
- Melbourne Polytechnic Institute: Topic: Preventing hand injuries in sign language interpreters – 2015
- Comparing outcomes of acute mallet finger with two types of custom-made splints, Singapore – 2014
- Australian Department of Health, Infection Control Training – COVID 19 – March 2020
- 2018 AHTA Splint/Orthotic Fabrication – Mobilisation Course
- 2017 APA Jeremy Lewis (PhD) presents: A Shoulder Theory and Practice
- 2017 AHTA Mastering Handwriting in Hand Therapy
- 2016 Certification in Dry Needling for the Upper Limb
- 2016 AHTA Sports Injuries of the Elbow, Wrist and Hand
- 2015 APA Assessment and Management of the Wrist
- 2015/6 Victorian Hand Surgery Society Annual Conference
- 2013/4/5 Annual Hand Review Seminar by the Singapore Hand Surgery Society
- 2011/2/3/4 Health Manpower Development Plan (HMDP) in Dementia, Parkinson’s Disease, Management of UL hypertonicity, and Hand Surgery
- AHTA SIG meeting (regular attendee)
About Angela Cheng
My approach to care: Recovering from a hand injury may not always be straightforward and I understand the different challenges it can pose to one’s physical, psychological and social well-being particularly when it impacts on their life roles. I believe in a holistic approach to my patient’s care and I pride myself on being meticulous. I endeavour to support my patients in the rehabilitation process to empower them towards recovery and injury prevention.
I have a sweet tooth and I enjoy baking classic treats for my family and friends. I go for a run every week to keep the calories at bay and as a means of staying active. I also enjoy playing the piano by ear.
I can speak fluent Mandarin and Cantonese.
Angela is available for consultation at the following clinics:
Book an appointment with Angela