Brodwen has a special interest and expertise in treating:
Experience & Professional Development
Brodwen has over 7 years of hand therapy treatment experience:
- Melbourne Hand Rehab – Hand Therapist – 7 years
- Aquatic Level 1, Australian Physiotherapy Association, 2017: Tutor
- Assessment of the Wrist, Australian Physiotherapy Association 2016: Presenter, Tutor.
- Assessment of the Wrist, Australian Physiotherapy Association 2015: Tutor
- Poster presentation at the Annual European Congress of Rheumatology EULAR, 8-11 June 2016, London, UK
- Page MJ, Green S, McBain B, Surace SJ, Deitch J, Lyttle N, Mrocki MA, Buchbinder R. Manual therapy and exercise for rotator cuff disease: a Cochrane Review.
- Sports injuries of the elbow, wrist and hand – Australian Hand Therapy Association – 2016
- Assessment and management of pain – Australian Physiotherapy Association – 2016
- Australian Physiotherapy Association conference – 2015
About Brodwen McBain
My approach to care: Understanding an injury or condition is an important step in the recovery process. I strive to ensure that everyone understands their injury, allowing us to work together to develop an individualized treatment plan.
I am currently undertaking a PhD.
Hand therapy offers the opportunity to work with a variety of people and conditions, whilst allowing the development of specialised knowledge and skills.
Brodwen runs the hydrotherapy classes at Maribyrnong Aquatic Centre and provides annual leave cover for Melbourne Hand Rehab whilst completing her PhD.