Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need a referral?

You do not need a referral to see a hand therapist as a private patient.

You do need a referral if you are claiming through a compensable body such as WorkSafe, TAC or DVA.

An EPC (enhanced primary care) plan is required to claim on Medicare. These referrals are only appropriate in certain circumstances.

Accounts / payment terms

Payment is required on the day of treatment. Instant health fund claiming is available.

WorkSafe, TAC, DVA and Medicare accounts are sent to the insurer directly by Melbourne Hand Rehab.

What do I need to bring?

Remember to bring x-rays or other test results with you to your appointment.

WorkSafe and TAC patients need to bring their claim number and the contact details of their employer

TAC patients are responsible for ensuring the excess on their claim is met.