20 Oct COVID-19 policy & safe plan
We’re OPEN for regular hand therapy care.
Covid-19 has had an obvious and serious effect on everyone’s lives in 2020, 2021 and beyond. The services we provide are deemed essential as we take care of people with acute injuries and surgeries.
The following information details Melbourne Hand Rehab’s policies in regards to:
- DHHS COVID-19 Patient Risk Determination
- Mask Policy
- COVID-19 Safe Plan
DHHS COVID-19 Risk Determination
The Victorian Department of Health and Human Services has advised us that due to the increasing number of COVID-19 cases throughout Melbourne we must assess the COVID-19 risk of every patient attending face-to-face appointments.
Prior to each appointment, you will be sent a screening form to complete
If having answered the self assessment questions above, you now consider that you are at an increased risk of having been exposed to COVID-19, then we request that you either:
- Delay your face-to-face consultation for 14 days, OR
- Convert your face-to-face appointment to a Telehealth consultation
If you are unsure please call and discuss your particular issues with reception, 03 9458 5166
Masks are desired to keep everyone safe
As per Victorian Government guidelines, face masks are currently required to be worn in all Allied Health settings.
It is a strong preference of Melbourne Hand Rehab that all persons over the age of 8 wear a fitted face mask at all times whilst within the Practice, even if you have a lawful exemption and/or have been vaccinated, as physical distancing is not possible during treatment.
We have a duty of care to protect our team and clients, a number of whom are vulnerable due to underlying medical conditions.
If you have a lawful exemption from wearing a mask, you must contact reception on 9458 5166 so that we may offer you appropriate treatment times or a telehealth consultation.
We appreciate your understanding.
COVID-19 Safe Plan
COVID-19 Infection Control
- All patients are screened for typical COVID-19 symptoms before attending each consultation
- Masks are compulsory for all team members within the Practice
- The Practice is disinfected in accordance with guidance from Safe Work Australia and public health authority.
- Air purifiers with HEPA filters are located in all clinical areas of the building without windows.
- Frequently touched surfaces including counters, handrails, doors, phones, bathrooms, keyboards and EFTPOS facilities are regularly cleaned multiple times per day.
- Physical distancing and density limits are maintained throughout the clinic. Signs are placed around the Practice advising of these rules.
- Accompanying persons are not allowed at the moment (apart from a parent and child)
- Plexiglass screens are installed at the admin desk.
- Payments are via Medipass where possible or with touch and go and physical distancing.
- Alcohol based hand sanitiser is provided at all workstations and on entry to the Practice
- Posters on hand washing are prominent in the clinic and hand washing facilities are available in the bathrooms.
- Admin team wears masks and sanitise throughout the day.
- All staff and contractors have completed the DoH Infection Control Training – COVID-19
Within Clinical spaces:
- No towels or sheets used
- Equipment sanitised regularly
- Beds are sanitised regularly
- Hands washed and/or sanitised between every patient
- Clinicians wearing 1+ surgical masks or N95 masks and eye protection
- COVID-19 health care worker vaccination mandate is implemented for team members.
- Team members have been briefed on symptoms of COVID-19 and have been told to stay home if they aren’t feeling well.
For more information, enquiries and appointments please call us on 03 9458 5166.
Click HERE to conveniently book an appointment online.
Stay safe. The Melbourne Hand Rehab Team.
At Melbourne Hand Rehab we are pleased to be able to offer a choice for Hand Therapy: