08 Jul Our response to COVID-19
Essential Service: Business as Usual
Covid-19 has had an obvious and serious effect on everyone’s lives in 2020. During these challenging times, your health and safety remain our number one priority.
Despite the current circumstances, we want to ensure that our patients are still able to access expert hand therapy for their hand recovery. We are pleased to be able to offer a range of options for treatment to suit your needs:
Hand therapy is an essential healthcare service, so Melbourne Hand Rehab clinics remain open with additional precautions in place. These include:
- All staff have completed the Australian Government Department of Health COVID-19 infection control training.
- Screening questions at the time of making your initial appointment.
- Temperature check on arrival.
- Low volume clinics with only 1-3 practitioners on at any time and 1-2 patients an hour.
- Extra cleaning on hands and surfaces. Patients will be asked wash or sanitise hands on arrival.
- Team members and patients who have flu-like symptoms or have travelled overseas in past 2 weeks are being asked to self-isolate.
- Installed perspex-like screens at our reception desks.
- Touch free payment.
- Masks available at all clinics.
- Spacious waiting rooms to ensure there is 4 sqm per person.
If you are unwell or in isolation, or just want an alternative to a face-to-face consultation, we can provide online hand therapy via Telehealth.
Telehealth online consultations are an excellent way to keep your treatment plan and rehab on track without the need to visit a clinic. They are available for new consults or follow-up consults with your preferred therapist. Using your smartphone, tablet or computer we can assess, diagnose, demonstrate and help you complete exercises and self treatment in the same manner as a face-to-face session.
Find out more about our Telehealth service HERE
Whether you are recovering from an injury or need help managing an ongoing medical condition, our home visit service is an excellent option for those unable to attend a clinic or where online video consultations aren’t suitable.
Our staff are trained in infection prevention measures to keep our clients, family members and staff safe while delivering care. All Melbourne Hand Rehab practitioners and admin team members have completed their certification in the Australian Government Department of Health COVID-19 infection control training.
Find out more about or Home Visit service HERE
Our goal is to provide you with the right hand therapy treatment to help you get back to doing all the things you love.
For more information, call us directly on 03 9458 5166
Click HERE to conveniently book an appointment online.