07 May eSports and Gaming Injuries
Did you know that on average professional gamers can be in front of the computer for over 10 hours a day?
Like any other athlete, they train for their sport and that takes hours of practice and strict training regimens.
In the current situation many others are now finding themselves spending an equal amount of time in front of the screen playing games. However, just like if you suddenly stepped up your running and attempted a marathon without the appropriate training, you may be more prone to common gaming injuries due to the sudden increase.
These are some of the most common injuries that eSports athletes encounter. Do any of the signs and symptoms sound familiar to you? If so, please contact us to book an appointment now.
- More common in people who play games on a console or their phone
- Pain and swelling at the base of your thumb
- Pain with turning your wrist
- Pain or reduced strength when pinching or gripping
- More common in PC gamers
- Pain worse during and after activity, it can linger on
Do you get thumb pain when gaming? Try this exercise!
- Numbness or tingling thumb and fingers
- Decreased strength when gripping and pinching
- May be worse at night
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, book an appointment today and our experienced hand therapists can help decide on the treatment that works best for you.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
For more information, call us directly on 03 9458 5166